Job or Career Objective
In 2004 I landed in the UAE with the enthusiasm of a 22 year old, the determination to succeed of an entrepreneur and a passionate obsession for perfumery.
I started with a trading office for perfumery ingredients, until in 2006, I joined Mohamed Hilal's vision to develop the crème de la crème of oriental perfumery with Anfasic Dokhoon.
Today, I lead a network of 60 outlets, 3 exclusive high-end perfume brands, and manage over 150 people in 5 countries: I see ideas growing from a sketch on a piece of paper to the boutique shelf.
No longer an entrepreneur start-up, the company is today an established SME, and my role focuses on managing a multi-site and multi-brand perfume retail environment and deliver retail strategy throughout the region, including sales, budgets and customer service standards, maximizing sales, profitability and standards across the branch network by providing on-going support and continuous improvement of retail processes, systems and staff development.
Driven by passion, my dream is to make these brands internationally recognized, to make them a signature in today’s luxury market.
2009 SAE Institute Dubai, UAE
Graphic Design Certificate
2008 University of Dubai, UAE
Management Diploma, Entrepreneurship
2003 University of Nice, France
Master's degree, English Language and Literature/Letters
2002 University of Nice, France
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Foreign Languages and Literatures, General
1999 ICARDA International School of Aleppo, Syria
MOHAMED HILAL GROUP January 2007 - Present
Retail Director / Co-Founder of Anfasic Dokhoon
• Coordinating all activities related to packaging designing, fragrance selection, raw materials and components outsourcing for ANFASIC DOKHOON, HIND AL OUD and KHALTAT perfume brands
Developing new products, writing marketing contents, slogans, brand literature.
Managing external and in-house production and quality control of products.
Selecting and negotiating suitable locations for new points of sale, follow up on interior design, fit out and opening of new shops
• Monitoring the points of sale across the UAE including Human Resources, Staff Training, Operations, Brand development and Marketing.
• Organizing and running marketing events such as exhibitions and promotions in UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar and KSA.
• Managing administration, accounts, HR and marketing for the outlets as well as the head office.
• Budgeting and planning the brand strategy, implementing new IT solutions, Franchise programs, future expansion plans.
• Identify the requirements for the changes and make improvements in the current market segment.
• Utilize the resources as well by finding out an effective way to develop a product.
• Understand the customer needs and then change them into business objects.
• Strategy planning as well to implement them for the new product and services.
• Experimenting different and innovative ideas.
• Strong observation skills to identify the opportunities of the business.
• Extraordinary leadership skills and the ability to motivate people in the project.
• Strong ability to gauge the risks involved in a particular venture.
o (153) direct reporting staff members including (3) managers, (10) supervisors and (140) sales staff in 5 countries
o 2013 Budget 47M USD, +43% vs 2012
o 2014 Budget 65M USD +35% vs 2013 minimum expected
o Net profit is confidential
OLY PARFUM March 2004 – January 2007
General Manager/ Owner
I started Oly Parfum as the exclusive distributor of Essential Oils and Perfumery compounds manufactured in France by Payan Bertrand
In 2007, along with the startup of Anfasic Dokhoon, the wholesale activity ceased and the trade name was transformed into the Factory licence producing perfume oils, incenses and and lotions for Anfasic Dokhoon and the other Mohamed Hilal Group perfume brands.
The initial activity of Oly Parfum included:
• Running, managing and coordinating all activities related to the import of perfumery compounds and their distribution in the Gulf market.
• Set up of a database of clients, follow up with sales, accounting, sampling, and advising clients.
• Set up of a basic laboratory specialized in enriching bases with natural essential oils targeting the local market (Agarwood in particular).
Skills & Expertise
Retail, Product Development, Marketing, Management, Brand Development, Fragrance Development, Business Development, Luxury Goods, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Perfumery Training Development
English Full professional proficiency
French Native or bilingual proficiency
Italian Native or bilingual proficiency
Arabic Elementary proficiency
Trainings & Achievements
2013 Board Member of Sharjah Business Women Council
I am currently the first non-Emarati businesswoman to be nominated board member by HH Sheikha Jawaher
2008 Entrepreneurship Program Best Business Plan
I was awarded the best business plan (First Prize) at the end of the CITI sponsored Entrepreneurship program.
2012 Emirates Woman Award
I was awarded the Runner Up Business Category Emirates Woman Award by Dubai Quality Group under the patronage of HH Sheik Ahmad bin Rashid Al Maktoum for founding and managing Anfasic Dokhoon.